甘肃快3:Fiji and ADB
In the Spotlight
Maritime trade is the backbone of Fiji’s economy as?imports and exports accounted?for 62% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product?in?2017.?ADB contributed a $16.8 million loan to upgrade Fiji's ports, making them?safer and more efficient.
ADB's new country partnership strategy for Fiji will revolve around three tenets:?promoting?private sector investment and growth;?broadening access to quality services and economic opportunities; and building resilience natural disasters and reducing economic volatility.
Learn more about the vibrant economy and people of Fiji, host of the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank in May 2019.
Consistent with the priorities of successive governments, ADB engagement in Fiji has focused on promoting inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. Strides have been made toward these goals through direct investments in transport and urban water and sanitation infrastructure, and proposed investment in energy and public sector management.
The country partnership strategy for 2014–2018 aims to raise Fiji’s growth potential by encouraging private investment, make growth more inclusive, improve service delivery, and reduce volatility and build resilience.
Projects in Fiji
- Implementing a Differentiated Approach to Urban Development in the Pacific
- Asian Development Outlook 2019–2021
- Revitalization of Informal Settlements and their Environments using a Water-Sensitive Approach
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Support for Fiji’s Ministry of Civil Service