江苏快三放号计划员:Kiribati and ADB
In the Spotlight
Tourism in the Pacific is increasing and will be a key driver of economic growth in the coming decade. Yet despite more visitors to the Pacific, tourism growth is not inevitable for all countries in the region.
ADB's?Board of Directors has approved a total of $36.6 million in grants to help fund the delivery of low-cost, high quality internet service in the Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati,?and Nauru.
The Pacific Transport Update 2018 provides an update of transport projects and assistance of ADB in the Pacific as of 2018. ADB continues to assist in the development of the transport sector in 14 Pacific countries through technical assistance, loan, and grant financing.
Kiribati is one of the most remote and geographically dispersed nations on the planet. It is extremely vulnerable to external shocks due to its vulnerability to climate change, dependence on imports, and reliance on income from overseas sources. Development of the country’s private sector has been constrained by high costs of doing business, the size and scale of the economy, and the country’s widely dispersed population. With a large public sector, maintaining fiscal sustainability is the government’s key priority.
The ADB program in Kiribati supports the government’s efforts to improve both fiscal stability and management and the business climate.
Projects in Kiribati
- Implementing a Differentiated Approach to Urban Development in the Pacific
- Strengthening Economic Management Reform Program (Subprogram 2)
- Towards Effective and Sustainable Delivery of Development Results in Fragile Situations in the Pacific
- Asian Development Outlook 2019–2021
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals