江苏快3今天推荐号码:Lao PDR and ADB
In the Spotlight
This comparative analysis of administrative frameworks, functions, and performance of revenue bodies in 28 Asia–Pacific economies includes developments and trends in tax administration practice and performance.
New value crops like Japanese cucumbers are helping farmers in the Lao People's Democratic Republic maximize their land and generate additional income.
President Nakao said that the GMS Regional Investment Framework 2018-2022, which identifies more than 227 high-priority investment projects with an estimated total cost of about $66 billion, could be a good platform to foster greater synergies between the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) and CLV countries.
ADB continues to partner with the Lao PDR as it seeks to graduate from Least Developed Country status by 2020. This country brief details ADB’s operations across major sectors, and explores gains and challenges.
The economy of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) continues to grow vigorously. However, because it is a resource-rich country with an economy heavily reliant on mining and hydropower, more focus on diversifying the economy is needed. The government must strive for strong macroeconomic management, a sound fiscal framework, and effective budget management. While the government has consolidated expenditures to contain the deficit, it needs to increase fiscal and foreign reserves to absorb any future shocks.
ADB assistance?to the Lao PDR is consistent with the rapidly evolving development needs of a lower-middle-income country. Under its national socioeconomic development plans, the government has adopted a policy to transform the Lao?PDR from a landlocked to a landlinked country, and is aiming to be eligible to graduate from least developed country status by 2020.
The Lao PDR is a member of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Projects in Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Fourth Greater Mekong Subregion Corridor Towns Development Project
- Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project (Additional Financing)
- Second Greater Mekong Subregion Tourism Infrastructure for Inclusive Growth Project
- Strengthening Regional Health Cooperation in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Enhancing Effectiveness of Subregional Programs to Advance Regional Cooperation and Integration in Southeast Asia
- Workshop for Selection and Monitoring of a Biodiversity Offset for the Nam Ngiep 1 Hydropower Project
- Asian Development Outlook 2016-2018 - Asian Development Outlook 2016 (Subproject 1)
- Second Technical and Vocational Education Development
- Northern Rural Infrastructure Development Sector Project - Due Diligence of Additional Financing
- Greater Mekong Subregion Health Security Project