江苏快3大小计划:Pakistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
A fund set up to finance natural disasters-resilient projects is helping Pakistan reduce its socioeconomic and fiscal vulnerability to earthquakes and extreme weather events.
Pakistan’s new E-35 expressway, which?links Islamabad to the north of the country, has shortened travel time and made trips safer. It?also connects the country to Western and Central Asia.
Pakistan's first hybrid solar-wind energy system provides 50 kilowatts to over 500 people in 80 households. Watch video
The Embassy of Switzerland in Pakistan and ADB signed an agreement to support the National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF). NDRMF was recently established by the Government of Pakistan to finance investments in disaster risk reduction and preparedness.
The Government of Pakistan has worked with ADB to strengthen the country’s key infrastructure, boost social and environmental safeguards, and promote information sharing with other countries.
The?country partnership strategy, 2015-2019 for?Pakistan continues to?focus on infrastructure development and institutional reforms. It outlines financial assistance in six key sectors: energy; transport; agriculture, natural resources, and rural development; water and other urban infrastructure and services; public sector management; and finance
Pakistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Pakistan
- Using Information and Communications Technology to Enhance Efficiency in Agriculture in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Republic of Tajikistan
- Integrated Information and Communications Technology Development Project
- Sindh Secondary Education Improvement Project
- Strengthening Corporate Social Responsibility for Development
- Karachi Bus Rapid Transit Project
- Developing an Electricity Market
- Support for Innovation and Technology Partnerships in Asia and the Pacific
- Preparing Lower Palas Hydropower Project
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Provincial Roads Improvement Project (Additional Financing)
- Capacity Building for Structural Transformation, Country Programming, and Portfolio Management