快3江苏app:Timor-Leste and ADB
In the Spotlight
Timor-Leste is upgrading its road network to promote economic growth and spread petroleum wealth outside the capital city of Dili. Watch video
Timor-Leste plans to provide universal access to clean water by 2030. ADB is supporting the plan, focusing on improving water supply in Dili and the municipal capitals.?More than 30,000 people in 4,400 households now have a reliable water supply.
ADB is scaling up its assistance in the Pacific, with our active portfolio growing from $500 million in 2004 to $2.6 billion at the end of 2017.
Timor-Leste’s development prospects hinge on prudent use of its?petroleum wealth to finance high-quality, sustainable investments in physical and human capital. The country has made excellent progress in state building and improving key social services, but its human development indicators remain among the lowest in the region.
The country partnership strategy, 2016–2020 for Timor-Leste will help develop a sustainable non-oil economy by improving infrastructure, developing key institutions, and increasing investments in human capital.
Projects in Timor-Leste
- Preliminary Assessment for Dili Airport Runway Upgrading Project
- Implementing a Differentiated Approach to Urban Development in the Pacific
- Support for Achieving the Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Support for Innovation and Technology Partnerships in Asia and the Pacific
- Towards Effective and Sustainable Delivery of Development Results in Fragile Situations in the Pacific