江苏快3:Uzbekistan and ADB
In the Spotlight
ADB has approved a $450 million loan to help install 850 megawatts (MW) to 950 MW?in additional generation capacity in the Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant, which will help improve power generation efficiency and energy security in Uzbekistan.
ADB's?Board of Directors has approved a $45 million loan to help improve the quality of rural primary healthcare services in Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan is a country striving for inclusive economic growth and a narrowing of gaps in infrastructure quality between rural and urban areas.
ADB's country operations business plan (COBP), 2018-2020 for Uzbekistan includes operational support for transport, energy, municipal services, health, and access to finance. Support for the key drivers of change—private sector development, regional cooperation, governance, knowledge management, gender equity, and climate change and the environment—is integrated into the operational assistance.
Uzbekistan is a member of the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program.
Projects in Uzbekistan
- Economic Management Improvement Program (Subprogram 1)
- Supporting Environmental Safeguards in the Central and West Asia Region
- Enhancing ADB’s Support for Social Protection to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Horticulture Value Chain Development Project (Additional Financing)
- Western Uzbekistan Water Supply System Development Project